Thursday, March 15, 2012

Finally in Korea

What a long day. Six hour flight to San Fran, 12 hour flight to Seoul, then an hour or so bus ride to Songtan City which is where the base is....Liam was a champ the whole way. Korea's interesting. The first thing I noticed in the airport was complete silence. I got to customs and everyone is so quiet. It was all soft, gentle hand gestures. As opposed to someone at home yelling next! I wasnt sure if I was allowed to talk, Liam was cool with still yelling though:) He wanted to let them know he was here.

The drivers are INSANE here. We were on a bus and the driver was flying and cutting people off and singing and honking. It was intense, I was actually too tired to worry.

Its 3AM here and Im wide awake! Liam and Myndi are sleeping so thats good. Hopefully I can sleep soon. I am excited to see what its like walking around and trying some Korean food. I have learned "thank you" in Korean and they are very appreciative if you try to speak to them in Korean. Well now since were all here I will officially being posting pics, thoughts, videos etc here.....til morning.

Jordan

2 comments:

  1. Hope by the time you read this, you caught some winks! I can picture Liam and Mama curled up together and you just trying to unwind:-) Listening to the Huskie game - it's 2-2 in the middle of the 3rd - game one against Denver in Mpls. Give Liam and Myndi a hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fl gramma

    Hi everyone, miss you so much. I bet Liam is excited to see his mom and vice versa! He was so excited when he left Florida.
    He's a joy to have around. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete