Saturday, March 24, 2012

Seoul.....Liams a celebrity here :)

We had a great day today! We took the subway to Seoul which involved finding our way through this.....

That's the Seoul subway route map....Thank god Myndi had it all figured out:) The train ride was about an hour or so which included a couple transfers and many stops. The good thing is it took us right to our final destination which was the Coex mall. That place was huge, lots of stores and a really big aquarium that had lots of fish for Liam to see. Most of the pictures are of us in the the aquarium, it was pretty neat and they had an impressive array of fish and other creatures. They also had this cool area where they had household appliances that were turned into aquariums, there is a few pics of that too, a fridge, a washer, and a phone booth all have fish in them.

We attempted to shop at the mall, I am apparently the largest man in Korea. I cant buy clothes here, literally. It was like trying to shop at Gap for kids. Kinda embarrassing:/ people are just small here! I mean its not like I'm Slim Jim but I dont think I would make the cut for the Biggest Loser! Guess I will have to order stuff online!

So its official, Liam is a celebrity here, no joke. He was photographed I dont know how many times today and someone was actually taking video footage of him on the train ride up to Seoul. Its so weird, people are amazed by him! People actually see him, take their phones out and start taking pictures!Then they look at Myndi and I and its kind of an awkward moment. Its flattering I guess:)

What did we learn today in Korea? They love coffee and/or caffeine. There are coffee shops EVERYWHERE!  Myndi saw a 5 year old drinking Red Bull. They also love ice cream almost as much as coffee. They also don't have the personal space rule that we have in America. They push and do whatever to get where they are headed and its always in a hurry. They aren't trying to be rude, its just how they are. You will see people running and its not for any reason. I mean at home if I see someone running through a mall I think "he stole something". Here you see guys in suits running in the mall. Weird.

Well here are some pics from the day, enjoy!





































 The picture below is a penguin watching TV!!
















1 comment:

  1. pretty rad. i think i need to take a cruise over before you return.

    ReplyDelete